Defending You When Your Insurance Company Fails You
You fulfilled your part of the bargain. You paid your premiums on time as you were supposed to, but when you needed your insurance company to fulfill its part of the bargain, it didn’t happen.
Your insurance company didn’t have your back, but The Backer Law Firm will. Joe Backer knows what the law says regarding these situations. We offer a free consultation to discuss your case. Call 816-399-5219 to speak with an experienced Kansas City lawyer. The Backer Law Firm is conveniently located near the intersection of I-70 and Noland Road in Independence, Missouri.
What Are Bad Faith Insurance Cases?
Your insurance company owes certain obligations to you. If those duties aren’t fulfilled, then your insurance company could be guilty of breaching its fiduciary duty to you, also referred to as “bad faith.” Those duties include the following:
- Your insurer owes you a duty to investigate your claim within a reasonable amount of time.
- Your insurer owes you a duty to defend you against a claim from someone else. Your insurer may attempt to point to the coverage limits of your policy to avoid doing so, but in most cases, this duty remains regardless.
- Your insurer owes you a duty to indemnify you from a judgment or settlement against you up to your policy limits.
If your insurance company fails to live up to these obligations, or fails to enter into good faith settlement negotiations, it could constitute bad faith.
How Do I Know If I Have A Case?
If your insurance company unreasonably withheld benefits from your policy when you filed a claim, you may have a case for bad faith. Some of the circumstances that often illustrate bad faith include the following:
- Your insurer fails to acknowledge your claim.
- Your insurer fails to act promptly once your claim is received.
- Your insurer fails to resolve your claim in a timely manner.
Other situations could also lead to a bad faith claim, and the only way you may know whether you have a case is to take advantage of The Backer Law Firm‘s free consultation. Don’t give a statement or accept a settlement until you talk to us.
Call Us For Your Free Consultation
Contact us today either online or by telephone at 816-399-5219 to speak with an experienced Independence, Missouri, attorney. The Backer Law Firm is conveniently located near the intersection of I-70 and Noland Road in Independence, Missouri.