Those Telemarketer Calls May Be More Than Just Annoying – They May Be Illegal
How many times have you answered your cellphone, checked you fax machine or received a text message only to discover that it’s a telemarketer? You answer the phone and an automated voice starts trying to talk you into whatever product or service the company wants to sell you. It’s annoying, especially if you receive multiple calls a day from the same company, and it may violate the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), which is designed to protect your rights as a consumer.
Have you been a victim of harassing phone calls from robocallers and spammers? We can help you make it stop. When you need someone to watch your back, The Backer Law Firm will be there. Contact us today at 816-399-5219 to speak with an experienced Independence, Missouri attorney.
What You Need To Know About The TCPA
Under the TCPA, a telemarketer violates the act by doing the following without your consent:
- Calling you before 8 a.m. or after 9 p.m.
- Sending unsolicited faxes to your office or home
- Calling you even if you added your name to the “Do Not Call List”
- Calling you even if you specifically opted out of calls from a particular company
- Refusing to provide you with a name of the organization he or she works for
- Refusing to provide you with contact information for the organization about which he or she is calling
- Spamming your phone with unsolicited text messages
In addition, many companies use autodialers that may call your number or send text messages to your phone numerous times a day. These “robocalls” also violate the TCPA. Attorney Joe Backer is a Kansas City, Missouri, consumer rights attorney who has your back and goes after these companies that violate the TCPA and harass consumers.
The Lawyer Who Has Your Back In TCPA Violations
Contact us today online or by telephone at 816-399-5219 to speak with an experienced Independence, Missouri, lawyer. Our law office is conveniently located near the intersection of I-70 and Noland Road in Independence, Missouri.